Monday, December 29, 2008

Everglades Adventure

Today we headed out to the everglades, hoping to see some cool wildlife. We headed out about 9:00 am. We made it up to the park and started out at the welcome center, which they are redoing. We started out on a boardwalk, not many animals to see lots of plants and trees. Diana and I were taking tons of photos along the way. We then headed out to the trails that go on for miles. We saw a lot of cool birds, turtles and a couple nice size gators. All together I took about 600 photos. Every year this park has a photo contest. Last year I entered, and I am going to enter again this year. It's a lot of fun and good experience. We then headed off to have some lunch at Wings Plus and then to Daggerwing Nature Center. Not much to be seen here, everything was all dried up. However Dakota was running on the boardwalk and dropped her purse with all the contents spilling and her cell phone falling right off the boardwalk. We were laughing so hard. Good thing there was no water under there or we would have been in big trouble. Phil was able to hop down and grab the phone and jump back up. we are now at home relaxing and recovering from a fantastic day!!!!